Thursday, July 07, 2005
Kandice helping paint a house.
And some proof that others in the group are working as well.
But there is still time for fun in the sun and the surf.
I am borrowing a high speed network internet connection from one of our presenters who is staying at a nearby hotel. So finally I can upload a few pictures and let you know that we really are alive and well here in Florida.
There have been a few minor sunburns and only one major one that resulted in blisters, but that was the nurse's son, so he had to tough it out on his own. Kayla, everyone is doing great and having fun, including Grandma. She has been a real blessing to us and to our trip; thank you for sharing her with us. Kandice is having a wonderful time (see her picture below) and has been very involved in everything that we've been doing. She's just a little under the weather today from a touch of stomach trouble and maybe a bit of the flu, but she felt well enough to go swimming this evening at our "Low Boil." A Low Boil is shrimp, smoked sausage, potatoes, and corn on the cob cooked all together and eaten with no utensils! Mmm, tasty, and fresh shrimp!
Here are some picture from our week. We'll have a bunch more at an upcoming slide slow at church I'm sure.
Here we are outside Redeemer Lutheran in Macon, GA.
Outside our Saturday night home
Our Macon hosts, the Rodgers
Who were nice enough to bring us a true Southern Breakfast!
The Sanctuary at Redeemer
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
We have spent Monday and Tuesday working on a variety of projects around Ft. Pierce, doing painting, insulation, carrying sheetrock, and repairing carpentry. Everyone is doing well and having fun. I do have some picture that I want to share so I hope to find a WiFi connection and pass them along to you.
Thanks for your support,
Friday, July 01, 2005
Here are the plans for our trip so that you can follow along at home!
- Friday, July 1, 2005 – Wasilla, AK
- 10:00 p.m. – Gather at GSLC
Parents – Sign Servanthood in the Sun Permission Forms!
Adult Chaperones Meet
Tara Wreyford develops Covenant of Conduct with group
Check-In for Delta Flights online
Commission and Communion service
- 11:30 p.m. – Depart for Ted Steven’s Anchorage International Airport
Rides coordinated by Michelle Boyden
- Saturday, July 2, 2005 – In Transit to Macon, GA
- 1:00 a.m. – Arrive at ANC airport and finish checking in
- 2:40 a.m. – Delta #1233 from Anchorage, AK to Salt Lake City, UT
- 9:13 a.m. – Arrive in SLC
Rendezvous with Gloria
- 10:30 a.m. – Delta #387 from Salt Lake City, UT to Atlanta, GA
- 4:05 p.m. – Arrive in Atlanta
Pick up vans (include 3 confirmation numbers)
- 5:00 p.m. – Depart ATL for The Lutheran Church of the Redeemer in Macon, GA
390 Pierce Avenue; Macon, GA 31204; 478-742-4281
- 7:30 – Arrive at Redeemer
Dinner provided by Christian Action Group
Overnight at Redeemer
- Sunday, July 3, 2005 – In Transit to Ft. Pierce, FL
- Breakfast – either simple food at the church or eat out before church
Pack vehicles except for traveling clothes if different from church clothes
Clean areas that we used
- 10:30 a.m. – Worship at Redeemer, followed by Lemonade in the Shade
- Noon (or earlier) – Depart for St. Peter Lutheran Church in Ft. Pierce
2900 S. Jenkins Rd.; Ft. Pierce, FL; 561-461-7431
Late Drive-Thru lunch on the road somewhere
Stop at Florida Welcome Center for Pictures
- 7:00 p.m. – Arrive at St. Peter in Ft. Pierce
- Monday, July 4 through Friday, July 8 – Ft. Pierce, FL
Participate in the many activities of the Servanthood in the Sun program.
- Saturday, July 9, 2005 – Orlando, FL
- Noon – Program concludes
- Afternoon – Fun Day, most likely at Walt Disney World
5:00 – Andy or someone to church to get keys
- Night – Stay at park until the very end (always in groups of 3 or more)
Stay at Trinity Lutheran Church in Kissimmee
3016 West Vine Street (US 192), Kissimmee FL USA 34741
Church Phone: 407-847-4204
- Sunday, July 10, 2005 – In-Transit to Valdosta, GA
- Morning and Early Afternoon – Beach time?
- Afternoon – drive to Valdosta
- 8:00’ish – arrive in Valdosta
- Evening – Stay at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
2804 Bemiss Rd,; Valdosta, GA 31602
- Monday, July 11, 2005 – Return to Atlanta and on to Anchorage
- Brunch with Gloria Dei youth? Or breakfast in the area (Waffle House?)
- 10:00 a.m. – Depart Valdosta
- 3:00 p.m. – Arrive ATL airport
- 5:45 p.m. – Delta #709 from Atlanta, GA to Salt Lake City, UT
- 7:43 p.m. – Arrive in Salt Lake City
Farewell to Gloria
- 8:55 p.m. – Delta #673 from Salt Lake City, UT to Anchorage, AK
- 11:46 p.m. – Arrive in ANC airport and get rides back home